Choose Where Your Tax Dollars Go!
The Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program allows Student Scholarship Organizations (SSO) to collect funds from redirection of State of Georgia income tax. This program funding will provide support for incoming academically and financially eligible students who are currently enrolled in public school or entering Pre-K through 1st grade. In order to take advantage of this program, SCDS has partnered with Apogee Georgia School Choice Scholarship Fund, a state-approved SSO, to facilitate the process.
On behalf of our students, faculty, staff and SCDS families thank you to everyone that participated in the Georgia state income tax credit program for 2014. Having these funds as part of our financial aid budget has allowed SCDS to offer tuition assistance to talented students that would otherwise have been unable to attend Country Day. Like all of our students, these deserving young scholars also bring unique contributions to SCDS that greatly enhance our school community. Thank you for your support!
The contribution process for designating your tax dollars to SCDS is simple. Watch the Video Here!
You may choose from online/paperless or mail/paper process and pay by credit or debit card or check.
Please click below to designate SCDS as a recipient of a portion of your redirected Georgia state taxes in 2015. You must act fast; typically the $58 million cap is met in just three weeks.
Click here to pre-apply for 2015
Mail/Paper Forms Process
1. Print and complete the appropriate PDF form located in the green box to the right of this screen or click here
and select the appropriate paper form.
2. Sign Page 2 of the Georgia IT-QEE-TP1 Form (with signature, Apogee will complete the rest of the form and submit to the DOR).
3. Payment can be made, by credit or debit card or check, at the time you complete your application (as early as January 1, 2015) or you have 60 days from the date of approval to fund your credit.
You will receive an email from Apogee when approval is secured by the DOR.
Mail above documents and checks to:
Apogee Scholarship Fund
3330 Cumberland Blvd., Suite 400
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
Tax Credit Amounts by Filing Status
1. Couples filing jointly can redirect up to $2,500 of their tax liability
2. Individuals can redirect up to $1,000.
3. C-Corporations can designate up to 75% of their Georgia state tax.
4. Pass-Through (LLC, S-Corp, Partnerships) can designate up to $10,000.
Matching Company Gifts
Apogee is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is able to accept company matching gift requests. Please check with your employer about their matching gift policy.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact Josceline Reardon