According to the DOR, the $58 million cap was met on May 9th. They are still in the process of mailing out pre-approval letters for applications received between April 29th and May 9th and denial letters for applications received after the cap was met.
Thank you to all who participated in 2013!
Please mark your calendars for January 2014 to take advantage of this great opportunity again in 2014.
The Georgia Private School Tax Credit Program allows Student Scholarship Organizations (SSO) to collect funds from redirection of State of Georgia income tax. This program funding will provide support for incoming academically and financially eligible Savannah Country Day School students who are currently enrolled in public school or entering Pre-K through 1st grade.
Easy to Participate?
Designating your tax credit to SCDS is easy. The school has partnered with Apogee Georgia School Choice Scholarship Fund, a state-approved SSO, to facilitate the process.
Steps to Participate:
- The easiest way. Paperless: Go to www.apogee123.org, scroll to the bottom and click on the paperless link to e-file.
- Print and fill out the PDF forms located at the bottom of this page (Apogee 2013 Form and Georgia IT-QEE-TP1 Form).
- Sign Section C, Page 2 of the Georgia IT-QEE-TP1 Form (with signature, Apogee will complete the rest of the form if desired).
- Write donation check to Apogee Scholarship Fund or pay with credit card on Apogee website www.apogee123.org
- Mail above documents and check to:
Apogee Scholarship Fund
3330 Cumberland Blvd.
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
You will receive an approval from the Georgia Department of Revenue within 30 days of sending your forms and payment.
Tax Credit Amounts by Filing Status?
Couples filing jointly can redirect up to $2,500 of their tax liability. Individuals can redirect up to $1,000.
C-Corporations can designate up to 75% of their Georgia state tax.
If you have questions contact: