Savannah Country Day School welcomes talented, motivated teachers, administrators and staff.
CHORAL MUSIC INSTRUCTOR
The Savannah Country Day School is seeking a choral music educator to lead its established choral program grades 6-12. Savannah Country Day School is an independent school founded in 1905 and enrolls approximately 900 students in grades pre-K through 12.
Candidates with experience leading thriving choral programs are preferred. Experience teaching music theory strongly preferred.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Develop musicianship and healthy singing practices via choral music instruction
- Accompany students in rehearsal and possess strong music performance skills
- Use current practices to evaluate student growth and vocal development
- Work collaboratively with jazz band, orchestra, and musical teachers/directors
- Communicate effectively with parents, students, and school community
- Apply technology in instructional setting in a meaningful and effective manner
Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in music education or related field
Demonstrated expertise in choral music
Strong performance skills
Classroom teaching experience
Additional materials in support of application (i.e. audio/visual recordings of rehearsal/classroom/teaching/performance, copies of recent programs and a philosophy of music education) may be requested at a later date. Please do not send any additional materials at this time.
Savannah Country Day School
Paula Swart, Fine Arts Department Chair
824 Stillwood Drive
Savannah GA 31419