Mission & Philosophy
The Savannah Country Day School seeks to prepare students of academic and personal promise to meet with confidence, imagination, and integrity the challenges of college and of life. In partnership with supportive families, we strive to cultivate in each student the desire and the discipline to grow in wisdom, to lead lives of personal honor, to appreciate beauty, to pursue physical well-being, and to serve others with a generous, compassionate spirit.
In fulfilling our mission, we subscribe to the following core beliefs:
- that the ultimate goal of education is to cultivate in each student a lifelong passion for learning;
- that each student's academic potential is most fully realized through a challenging and varied curriculum undergirded with appropriate support;
- that students learn best in a respectful, supportive community of trust where each student's learning needs and abilities are understood and accommodated as fully as possible;
- that intellectual growth requires not only the acquisition of knowledge, but its application in analytical, creative, and expressive ways that make learning meaningful to the student;
- that physical and emotional health is critical to the development of each student's personal potential;
- that each student's life is enriched in a diverse community where differences among people are affirmed and celebrated;
- that the school shares with families the responsibility for fostering in each student strength of character, a sense of personal responsibility, and an attitude of faith, reverence, and tolerance;
- that the development of leadership in each student should include instilling a commitment to use one's knowledge, skills, and resources in the service of others.