The Lower School Counseling Program is developmentally, proactively based.
- Classroom guidance — by counselor. Programs are offered on a developmentally appropriate basis and include:
- internet safety,
- personal safety,
- healthy choices (drug, alcohol and tobacco prevention),
- listening skills,
- making and keeping friends,
- conflict resolution,
- problem solving skills,
- respect and peer pressure refusal skills.
- Small group counseling — On an “as needed” basis, is problem-centered/growth-centered.
- Counseling individual students — To help guide students toward productive action at school and at home and assist students in problem solving.
- Consultation — Working with teachers, parents, administrators and other educational specialists.